Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 via Recovery Method (Recommended)
- Download the latest MIUI 9 Recovery ROM file for your phone model from official MIUI site. Only the latest MIUI 9 zip file will work perfectly.
- Copy the MIUI 9 recovery zip file on your device internal storage into any folder.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > About phone > System Update and tap on the three dots icon from the upper right corner.
- Select the option Choose Update Package.
- Now, choose the MIUI 9 recovery zip file which you’ve downloaded and copied earlier into a folder. Tap on OK to start the flashing process.
- Next, you will see the warning message on your phone “Erase Data”. Tap on it and then wait for it.
- Your phone will reboot and the installation process will start. This may take up to 10-15 minutes approximately.
- Once the MIUI 9 is successfully installed on your phone, your phone will boot automatically into a new system.
Now you successfully Downgraded your Xiaomi device from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 via recovery method. This is the best and simple way. If in case, anything goes wrong and you are getting some error like couldn’t verify package then check out the other guide from below.
Downgrade MIUI 10 to MIUI 9 on a Rooted Xiaomi Device via TWRP Recovery
- Download MIUI 9 Recovery ROM file for your phone.
- Copy the ROM file on your device storage. (Internal/External)
- Now, boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode if your device is already rooted. In order, to boot into TWRP, switch off your phone and press & hold Volume UP + Power button together.
- Once you’re in the TWRP recovery mode, Go to the Wipe > Advanced wipe.
- Select Dalvik, Cache, System, and Data then perform Swipe to Wipe.
- Now, go back to the main TWRP menu and tap on the Install button and choose the firmware file and select it to flash.
- Once the MIUI 9 zip file is flashed on your device, reboot your phone normally.
- You’re done.
Now, let’s take a look at the Fastboot ROM installation method.
- First, download the MIUI 9 based Fastboot ROM from Official MIUI site.
- Now, you need a Mi flash tool to flash this MIUI fastboot ROM on your Mi or Redmi device.
- Next, follow the below guide to flash Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi devices.